2.2 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.4 GHz), 2.5 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 3.7 GHz), or 2.8 GHz (Turbo Boost up to 4.0 GHz) quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6 MB shared L3 cache.

Service Battery Warning on a low cycle count

Hello Everyone,

So I have this weird problem with my rMBP 15 mid-2015 (Mojave fully up-to-date) and I think is something connected to the SMC controller. The problem appears after the laptop has entered sleep mode on its own and the following occurs:

• Loss of Bluetooth module
  • Warning about Adobe app that is not optimised for Mojave (looks like something is being reset as this warning should normally come up only on the first run of the app)
  • “Service Battery” Warning

After rebooting, only the battery warning is present and this is what bugs me. However, after the last OS update, the Battery Warning disappeared for 2 weeks and then it showed again a few days ago.

I have reset the SMC controller (before and after the update) but the warning stays. It only disappeared after the OS update.

Does anyone have any clue what the problem could be? Or how to fix it before the next OS update is available?

Many thanks!

1. Battery warning

#

1. Battery info

#

1. Coconut battery

#

Did you have a liquid spill at some point or sit your system down on a wet surface?

Hi Dan,

No, never.

I had the retina display replaced in an apple certified service centre due to the anti-glare coating issue (free service action). But that’s the only problem I’ve had with it so far.

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

Battery has been little used from what it seems from data. If it was left drained a few times that would explain its deterioration despite the low cycle cont. Try running on battery as much as you can for some time, it won’t get much better but it might delay (or accelerate) its failure, depending on actual conditions. A new OS install resets battery status parameters and some OS releases are more picky than others with service battery warnings..I wouldn’t concern until battery related issues will get clearly worse, 75% capacity is on the low side but it might be lasting another while.

I’m unable to say anything Adobe Apps warnings as I’m not using any of their Apps but it seems a strictly software related issue.

Bluetooth loss upon sleep seems to be a hardware issue, sometimes filters go bad or it might be some resistor involved in system state change has reached borderline values (alive, sleep, hibernation). That would need some in depth probing. You might as well try running off an external drive with an older clean Os install if bluetooth is important for your daily use and an OS downgrade would be acceptable for you.

iskren will be eternally grateful.