The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

F02 Code is intermittent

The washer will go through the whole cycle on occasion but sometimes the F02 code pops up. I have checked for blockage, took apart the pump and everything is fine. The only way to get it to work is to unplug it, let it stand for a short while, plug it back in and then push drain and spin button and most times it will work. Any advice as to why this would be an intermittent problem?

Just take off the toe plate (three screws),

Find the pump filter in the middle of the base (it should be white).

**WARNING** This will get messy -- There's really was a lot of water, for me it was only about 1/2 gallon, so be ready to catch or clean up some water when you do this next step.***

Unscrew the handle, remove the filter (really it is connected to the handle and all it is is a plastic piece with holes in it) and

Clean it off.

Then put it all back together (should take about 10 minutes).

Hi Mayer...thank you for your response...it is appreciated. I should have mentioned that I did take the filter out and there is no debris in it at all. I also removed the pump and it works as it should. What has got me buffaloed is that this is an intermittent issue in that 50% of the time the machines pumps out the water just fine and the washer completes the cycle, and the the other 50% of the time, the pump runs but it does not evacuate the water. It seems to me that maybe it is a valve that allows the water out of the drum that is not opening correctly because it may be faulty or could it be the control board? My experience with electronic control boards is that they either work or they don't and unless they have a soft joint, it is unlikely to operate intermittently. Any further advice you can offer would be appreciated.

It doesn't spin or pump

If your washer doesn't spin or pump water out but the motor is running, your washer probably has a frozen pump pulley. If so, you need to replace the pump. To check the pulley, remove the pump from the washer and try to rotate the pulley manually. If it doesn't turn freely--if it's frozen or stiff--replace it.

It pumps, but the water returns

If the water that pumps out of the machine goes back into the machine after the spin cycle, your washer may be siphoning the water from a laundry tub that has a slow drain, back into the washer. The usual remedy for this is to improve the draining of the laundry tub. (Is something stuck in the drain?) Also, check for these problems:

If the drain hose reaches more than about 4 inches into the laundry tub, cut off the excess.

If your drain hose is lower than the washer's cabinet, install an air gap/siphon break assembly.

Brad will be eternally grateful.