Released in North America in November 2006.

will not power up

last night our lights kept flickering and now the wii will not power up.

When you say your lights kept flickering, do you mean the lights on your Wii, or the lights in your house? Either way, I would suggest trying a new outlet or a new power cable before opening the device up. Everything inside the Wii is located on the motherboard, and while repair is possible, it's relatively costly. Should a new outlet/cable not solve your issue, here are the guide and the part.

I had a problem with mine, we had a momentary power outage in the house and after the power came back on the Wii did not even light up. I unplugged the Wii and plugged it back it a different outlet. No help. Then I unplugged it and left it unplugged over night. The next morning when I plugged it in it worked fine. I spoke with some co-workers who also have Wii's and I have found that this can be pretty common. Anyway it's working fine now.

Linda Quick will be eternally grateful.