Kenmore Elite HE3 Washing Machine

The Kenmore Elite HE3 is a washing machine by Kenmore.

Washer says control locked

How do I unlock the controls?

Ken, great that mayer's solution worked for you :-) all you have left to do is to accept the answer as a solution. This way we all know in the future what to look for.

by oldturkey03

The solution for my Kenmore Elite he3 was to press the Drain/Spin button "and" main Start (press & hold) buttons at the same time for 3 seconds.

by Holly Martin

Try unplugging it for 5 minutes and then plugging back in.

It worked, thank you. Ken

by abumblebee1

Glad I could help

by mayer

It did work for me too, Thanks

by lorena

Most Helpful Answer

abumblebee1, the normal procedure is to hold down the "end of cycle signal" (drain/spin)button for 3 to 5 seconds. The only other thing I could see is that the control interface has failed and has a stuck or shortened keypad. Give it a try and let us know.

Holding "Drain/Spin" button down worked for me. John, July 2013

by Leroy Nichols

Thank you so much! you guys are great!

by tony 0

tony, thank you and welcome to ifixit ;-)

by oldturkey03

Worked for me! Thank you.

by Serena Eads

holding down the "end of cycle signal" button worked for me , thanks.

by bobguzzo

This worked for me as a temporary fix. Next load I received a F2 error code. This is a drain pump error. Actually turned out to be a very easy fix also. Removed lower front access panel (3 screws). Removed two screws holding the pump in place (Large round, white plastic canister looking device directly in middle front with screw on cap). After removing the pump pull up and forward. Place a deep pan under the pump, unscrew the cap by hand. There will be a fair amount of water drain. My pump had coins, a pencil and a lot of lint blocking it. Removed all the material, replaced the cap, replaced the pump and front panel. Machine now working fine. Only took about 10 minutes and problem solved.

abumblebee1 will be eternally grateful.