Comprehensive repair manuals on all portable tablet computers by Apple. Repairs are likely to require heat and careful prying.

cannot charge and the computer does not recognizes it

why my is that mt ipad cannot charge and the computer does not recognizes it

If your computer used to recognize it for syncing, then your should try out one of a few things

1. try a different USB port on your computer

2. try a different cable with your iPad

3. try a different idevice (ipod, iphone) with the same cable

If after all three and your computer still does not regognize your iPad, you might have a problematic iPad, i would recommend replacing the connector. I have not verified, but i beleive it's on the logic board itself.

If it's that the computer does not provide enough power for the iPad to charge, it's because the iPad can't negotiate highpower USB. Try installing Asus AI Charger http://event.asus.com/mb/2010/ai_charger...

You don't need an Asus device to install it. I've installed it on my Lenovo laptop (t500) and desktop (m55) as well as a few Dells and HPs and they all charge iPads great.

samson will be eternally grateful.