The March 2015 update of Apple's 13" MacBook Pro Retina Display, model A1502, features fifth-generation Intel Core i5 and i7 processors and introduces the Force Touch trackpad.

No display but backlight is on

The backlight turns on but there’s no display when I turn on my Mac. The chime turns on and the keyboard lights come on. I can also connect it to an HDMI to my TV and I can see the display through there but still no display on my laptop. Maybe a lose cable? Any suggestions?

Did anything happen to it?

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Good news is that the Mac and graphic card are still working. Bad news is without parts at hand or logic board diagnostics abilities you won’t be able to do any further troubleshooting. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to buy such an expensive new screen assembly to “see if it works”. It might be the screen as well as a logic board issue. Try reseating the screen connector on the logic board, but if that doesn’t help you’ll need to find a technically reputable lab into component level repairs.

First try a SMC-Reset - then an NVRAM-Reset

SMC - On the laptop's keyboard, hold down the Shift+Control+Option keys and the Power button at the same time. Release all keys and the power button at the same time – the little light on the MagSafe adapter may change colors briefly to indicate the SMC has reset. Boot your Mac as usual.

Resetting NVRAM

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
  5. Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test and ask specifically for the VST (Video Systems Test)

Amberrena will be eternally grateful.