Why is the battery not charging fully?
So after I replaced the battery it worked for one week without problems. Than it wouldn’t charge anymore!
What I did:
- Reset NVRAM & SMC
- Disconnect battery from logic board
And this is when it gets weird!
Connected MacSafe power cable to my system, than when it started booting up I inserted the battery connector to the logic board and the battery would charge! see pictures
It’s been charging (slowly accelerating from 4 watts charging power all the way up to 40 watts until:
15 mins later: “charging with” goes very fast all the way up to 4 watts and than drops to:
- The first time to: 1.7 watts (stays there for about 30 seconds)
- Then again up to 4 watts than drops to 1.5 watts (stands about 30seconds at 1.5 watts)
- Then again up to 4 watts than drops 1.3 watts (waits 30seconds)
- It was sitting at 0.02 watts for a minute and dropped to 0.
It was again charging with 40 watts, now it decreased slowly to 3.72watts
This is so weird!
Anyone got suggestions or analysis what could be broken?
Keyboard backlight won’t turn on. When pressing the key it shows something like a circle and a line in the middle of it.
Is this a good question?