Released in July 2018, the 15" MacBook Pro, model A1989, features a 15.4 inch LED-Backlight display with True Tone technology, TouchID, and up to 6 Core i9 Processor.

Why is black screen after replace it?

Replaced the screen on my Mac Pro 2018 and it starts working, but after reboot the laptop black screen! If connect laptop through hdmi to external monitor, screen starts working and will work till I reboot the laptop! What can be the problem?

Why did you replace the display?

Replaced because of glass on display has small crack, but old one works fine!

Is it possible that model of display is not compatible, my laptop is 2.9 ghz and donor is 2.6 ghz!?

Is the donor also a 2018 model?

Yes, also 2018!

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

MacBook Battery Fix Kits

Starting at $69.99

Most Helpful Answer

The reason you may not see anything on the new screen is because apple locked down the screen replacement, so if the computer sees a screen it does not recognize and is not programmed to the logic board it will disable the screen. There is no way that I know of to make it where the screen is programmed to the board, and I doubt apple will do it.

So how come his old screen still works on the "doner's" mac?

What is the MacOS release on the systems are they different? Apple may have altered the systems firmware during the update process which enabled the sub assembly security feature.

jurec72 will be eternally grateful.