Apple iPad

Comprehensive repair manuals on all portable tablet computers by Apple. Repairs are likely to require heat and careful prying.

Dropped my iPad and now display is green

Hello people, I dropped my iPad and now the screen is green and all objects in it seems to be drained, but it is still working normal.

Any help?

Is the screen tinted green, or is the whole thing solid green?

by Chris Green

HI Chris, it's tinted green.

by Jonas

Jonas, great job. Now all you have left to do is to accept the answer you got from Chris Green. That way we all know that this worked. Again, great job. ;-)

by oldturkey03

My S3 is also with same problem. .. what to do....

by Jossy

Pls help me.....

by Jossy

Most likely, the display cable was slightly disconnected, when the unit was dropped. You should be able to fix it just by opening it, and re-attatching the cable. I'm assuming that it's an iPad 1 (Not an iPad 2) so you should be able to use this guide to open it and access the display ribbon cable.

Once you open it, disconnect, than re-connect the LCD cable (Surrounded in a yellow box, shown in this picture)

It worked. Thanks a lot. You guys and this site are great!

by Jonas

OMG it worked for me too. Thank you so much Chris.

by JANE BO

It worked for me! Thanks guys!

by Jv Ramos

Hi... Not working for me ... What should I do?

by Selam

OMG Chris it really worked for me. I was like, "yea right." But it worked. Thanks so much!! Kristia, October 22,2013

by teemama1967

Most Helpful Answer

To Rogelio,

I just dropped mine about five minutes ago and all I did was smack the bottom right corner on my knee one good time and it seemed to pop it back into place. There are a few pixels that are still fuzzy, but it isn't bad at all. Not very noticeable either. I probably will have it fixed later though, just to be safe.

To everyone (regardless of what version you have). The suggestion by Alex resolved my issue completely (no dead pixels. However, let me clarify. There is no way to tell what corner he was referring to when he referenced, "bottom right." So, I gently hit each corner on the desk and it actually worked. No need to risk cracking it open or paying hundreds of dollars for someone else to work on it. Just gently hit each corner of your ipad on a hard surface.

by Craig Listing

Omgomg really just smack the bottom right and its good as normal... I created an account just to write this review! Hope u all get urs fixed

by Jordan

Thank you everybody for all your help! My Ipad 2 turned green and fuzzy a few days ago and I was planning to go to an Apple storento try to get it fixed. I followed your suggestions and just lightly hit all 4 corners on top of a wood counter and it's back to it's original color! Thank you again! This site is awesome! == Update == If you have a few pixels that are still fuzzy, tap all 4 corners and that should fix it.

by Maricor

Oh my goodness I dropped my iPad just 3 minutes ago and this helped just tapped each corner and then smacked it on my knee and it went back to normal:) thanks.

by Melanie

Brilliant! Just worked on my wife's ipad2. Green screen, now all back to normal. Many thanks

by gawk

I read on another site to just slap the back of the iPad. It works as well.

I just hit the bottom corners and I got my ipad back to normal colors!! Yay...just saved myself $300. I was about to buy a new one in a couple of days.

by rosiem54

I smacked the back of mine and now it is back to normal!!! Great Tip! Saved me a trip to the Genius Bar.

by Andrew Plett

This has happened to me before......twice. My brother dropped it from the top of the bunk bed and i dropped it from my bed (not nearly as far). Just smack it on the back a couple of times and it should go away...tap the corners.....or turn it off and drop it on a carpet so it wont crack even more. That should help. :)

OH and yeah If you go and get it fixed by Apple they just take it in the back and smack it....

by Lauren

I think I smacked my ipad 2 too many times and the display is completely dead now. It started off green, I smacked it and it went blue, then sort of normal, but I thought I'd smack it again for good measure and totalled it!

I must have smacked the connector out altogether, so time to crack it open!

I have an iPad 2 also and the knocking thing helped slightly but the green is still and the pink has flickering stripe lines? Any help would be so much appreciated. Thanks Jess

by Jess

That happen to mine a few months ago and I dropped it again just now and it happen agin idk what to do I might just go but aa new one but this one is cracked really bad also so hat might have something to do with it idk it's the LCD thy went bad witch is plate inside the iPad and it cracked so u have to let it sit on a flat surface for 22/26 days and it should be all good again'''

The smacking worked for me. As others said, it seemed to fix when I focused my "attack" on bottom right corner of the back of iPad. So psyched - was of course freaking out.

My iPad fell on the road but another iPad at my house was fixed by a boy named Adam. I tried Siri on this iPad to call apple once, but it won't work. There might be no way to fix it.

My IPad is still not getting back on track.... What should I do

Tint green

Guys same problem with my iPad 2 it fell then the display went red. I don't know how to fix it. Is it damaged or just the connection. Help me guys thanks

Thank you so much, dropped mine earlier, read your forum and gently tapped each corner - all fixed now! Thanks again !

had some tea spilled one mine. Nothing happened for two days and then suddenly it went green and yellow on the screen. Red the forum and smacked the back, it was good again. But the green fuzziness sometimes comes and goes ...especially visible as I watch videos. Should I open it.. Am living in Pakistan so can't take to Apple Store. :(

An obj. Felt on top of my iPad now it turns on but all I see it's colors not sure what to do next

I dropped my ipad 2 on the floor and the screen went black. The screen wont come back on but the ipad still work's, i could see my pictures if I connected it to my computer. Should i give it a carefull punch in every corner or should i get a professional guy to take a look at it?

Give it a slap, you've got nothing to loose.

by Martin D

haha lol, touch screen still works, i was able to turn in off and on and now it works as normal.

by Bjorn

My sister dropped her ipad2 few minutes ago and her screen turned green.

I researched in google how to fix green screen of ipad2. I saw this site and read all the comments. I tried to tapped the back (each corner) of the ipad2 and i gently smacked it on my knee.

Then it was back to normal! Thanks for sharing your comments and good suggestions here.

Screen turned green this morning going from home to work. Got home tonight and tapped the bottom corners and then dropped on carpeting and now BACK TO NORMAL. Thanks.

You guys got lucky smacking it on your knee

Amazing! Had a greeny screen, tapped left bottom corner at the back and viola! Fixed! Thanks

I droped my Samsung Galaxy table afew weeks ago and my screen when green. Afew two days of it being green I smack over my knee and it went back to normal. Then I dont know what happned two days ago I came in to the living room went to go on my tablet and it was all pink! I can still use it but I need to fix it what can I do to fix it? Help me please!!!

by Rebecca

Yayyy dropped my iPad 2 screen went green.. Tapped each corner and yes it's back to normal

Thanks guys

Try this.

How To Fix A Discolored Orange Damaged iPad Screen Quick And Easy

I dropped my iPad a couple of months ago and was planning to take it apart to fix it, but I looked one final time on the web, and found this forum. I smacked it a couple of times, and it didn't do anything. I then sharply smacked each corner against my knee, and it went a lot better, though there was still some green tinge in places. I smacked it another time on the corner that made it better before and now it's absolutely perfect! Thumbs up!

I just did this after my Ipad 2 dropped of the bedroom counter, and this worked like a charm, like nothing was ever wrong.

Thank you so much guys!

Hi folks...dropped mine too and got the same magical result,,,very happy thanks

Worked for me too!!

Wow...I am so grateful. I dropped my iPad2 a few days ago and it turned swirls of blue and pink and also flickered black. I gave it one tap on my knee (kind of gingerly) and nothing. Then a firmer tap on the corner (all while my iPad was in a case) and Voila...back to normal. Thank you to all who posted!

Jonas will be eternally grateful.