A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, also known as PS4. First announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

Still no signal after HDMI port replaced

Hiya,

I replaced the HDMI port on my PS4 last night - 99% sure that was the problem as the pins inside the old one were all mashed up.

After replaced and reassembled the console still shows no signal - everything else seems to be working fine (as far as it powering up and the light going white)

The only thing different to the previous HDMI port is there is solder bridging 2 of the anchor pins on one side! this wouldn’t cause a problem would it?

See attached image of new port soldered onto the board (Quite impressed with the quality on my soldering here :) )

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

From what I can see the soldering looks good. You might want to use a dental pick to check each one to be sure it doesn’t move.

If the soldering is good then use a multimeter on resistance mode to check each of the filters (they’re the rectangle components that have 2 traces going in and two going out). There should be very little resistance and they should only have continuity through the same circuit. If any of them are shorted together then you might have a problem with that filter but it’s more likely that it’s a faulty ic chip.

After that check the diodes in diode mode on your multi meter.

If all of those check out OK then it’s most likely a problem with the HDMI encoder chip.

Also, I’m assuming you’ve tried it with multiple known good HDMI cables and your TV is set correctly.

Hope that helps.

Anchor pin's are only connected to ground so that won't cause an issue. Use something pointy and check the pins don't move. If they seem ok then check the filter's and diode if they seem ok it could be the

Thanks, the pins dont move and there is no change to any other circuitry, all looks fine - please could you finish the sentence?

Sorry encoder ic

Did you get it fixed? Got a ps4 pro here, and it got a new hdmi stick and ic chip, but still zero picture

WIll will be eternally grateful.