Yet another wet iPod touch
My 2nd gen went through the wash. Amazingly, a week in rice and it powered up. The problem I now have is that the touch exhibits erratic battery level and when it goes to sleep, the clock/date resets back to 1969. My first thought is bad battery, but a second opinion is welcome. I opened up the pod and there is a tiny bit of corrosion on some of the screw heads but nowhere else that i can find. Will a bad logic board (charging circuit?) present similar symptoms?
Additional detail: at first, the pod would run for a little while unplugged, now it shuts off immediately after being unplugged, even if the battery indicator reads full. also, sometimes the pod will go through a few aborted reboots when i plug in (many flashes of the apple over and over).
Will a new battery get me there, or does this look like more extensive damage?
Is this a good question?