4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

What if I buy a slightly used iPhone SE?

Does anyone know if a “StaightTalk” phone can be used with a “Tracfone” account?

I think you are better off contacting Tracfone and Straight Talk about this one. They would know the answers better, I presume. Maybe someone here does know if this is would work

Thanks Aaron, I've gone over the Tracfone WebSite pretty good, and all indications are that it is compatible. Seems all I need to do is buy a 99 cent Tracfone SIM card and I'm good to go with my existing account. We'll see?

Easy as 1-2-3, received phone from seller, replaced StraighTalk SIM card with new Tracfone SIM card (99 cents) activated iPhone SE, Deactivated my old LG, kept same #, Presto! All completed on Tracfone website (existing account). Actually I discovered that I could have removed & used the SIM from the LG, without ordering the new one.

I would go to your proposed carrier with the seller and do the transfer there so there is no funny business.

Thanks, that what I did. Read my comments under previous answer.

If Tracfone says your phone is compatible, your phone certainly should be compatible. You should be good to go if you get a SIM from Tracfone and register/activate your iPhone on the Tracfone network. Report back the results. :-)

Haven't actually bought the phone just yet, but will report back if it all works out.

@fargo Alright, sounds like a plan. Yell at Tracfone for misinforming you if it turns out you can’t do this.

Oh, I'm good at that!

It should, but I need to caution you the phone will probably be SIM locked. Depending on the activation date, it may or may not be under 1 year - which is what all of the prepaid carriers use with the exception of T-Mobile unless you load the phone with minutes to get it done sooner. You shouldn’t have any problems since the SE is older, but you need to double check if you’re dead set on Tracfone. Once the phone is unlocked, you will be able to use it with any carrier.

I would check with Straight Talk to ensure it can be unlocked so you know. If it can be, get this done on YOUR time so the seller can’t gouge you; you’re being sold a likely locked phone and it needs to be priced according. If it isn’t ready, you’ll have to be a customer for 1 year unless the unlock anniversary date is based on when it was initially active.

Gordon Farley will be eternally grateful.