1

amanda ramirez
13

security code to unlock my iPod

help me out i have a ipod 4th generation but my lil brother enabel the password an know i cant get in my ipod

Hi i just bought a ipod touch 2nd gen off my friend... and theres a passcode on it and my friend cant remember it... i know nothing bout them i no computer or itunes plz help

Trevor,

4

amanda ramirez, you can restore the device on the the same computer that you normally use to sync your ipod. Put the device into DFU mode, then open iTunes. Select your iPod in the sidebar, and click restore. This will restore the device to factory setting but it will DELETE ALL YOUR DATA if you have not backed it up, it will be lost. You put your iPod in DFU by

Turn off iPod

Hold power button for 3 sec

Hold power and home button for 10 sec

Continue to hold home button until iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. The screen should remain black

The only other way that I know of that you might try first is to erase the password but I am not sure if this would work when you are already disabled. This will not erase any data on your device. I guess you can always try and hope you have a windows computer :-) anyhow you plug in your iPod. Open My Computer (or Computer for Vista). Click on Folder options and enable to view hidden files. Next go to iPod_control and click on the folder named Device. If your iPod is locked, there will be a file _locked . Rename the file to _unlocked. Remove your iPod and it will be cleared" you can also check on here http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/45131... Good Luck.

how do get on folder options

amie,

amie, not sure what you are asking. Give us more information.

0

Prokilla
1

I need help too but I don't have a computer

can't do it without one. How are you going to sync it if you get it working, if you do not have a computer?

0

Dan Crisan
1

Thanks, renaming _locked. file to _unlocked. worked for me on a iPod video 5,5 on nonprimary computer.

It can be done on a Mac too just reveal hidden files.

Terminal:

defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

then

killall Finder

To hide files again use the same commands just replace with FALSE.

Cheers

Edited by: Dan Crisan ( )

-1

bebo
1

I forgot my ipod touch 4 password

I forgot my ipod touch 4 password

Edited by: bebo ( )

-1

shabbirrac
1

Edited by: shabbirrac ( )

shabbirrac,

-2

sangellinereid
1

I forgot my ipod touch 4 password

I would like my password for my for ipod touch

sangellinereid,