0

amanda
1

My iPod is frozen says I pod disabled?

my iod is frozen on the open screen i have shut it down several times will not work

5

Ryan
689

From what i understand is the ipod is frozen and you want to restore it. but you can't because it is locked?

if you havn't restored it yet, try that. if you can't restore it because it's locked with a password, then put it in recovery or dfu mode then restore it...

recovery mode

-power + home until it resets

-lift up off the power button while still holding down the home button untill --

-you should get a screen telling you to connect to itunes

-connect to itunes and restore

if it still asks for a password then put it in dfu mode and try restoring it

--dfu mode is a little bit harder and you may have to try it a few times--

-plug it in to a computer with itunes

-power + home until it resets

-right when it resets start counting 1 1thousand 2 1thousand 3 1thousand. after 3 1thousand lift up off of the power button while still holding down the home button

- keep holding down the home button untill it shows up in itunes (will take 3 to 12 seconds, and you will know it is in dfu mode when it shows up in itunes but the ipod looks like it is off)

-restore it

Edited by: Ryan ( )

Answer #1 by Ryan Mar worked perfectly for me :D

kelly,

1

Try a soft reset first:

1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button on the top of the unit until a red slider appears

2. Drag the slider.

3. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

If a soft reset doesn’t work, try a hard reset:

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

I have a question about your answer.... where is the sleep or wake button located? and the menu button is the circle at the bottom right?

Rina Tugade,

it's the button on the top and the center button is the home button

0

REMIQAINE
7

Have you tried to do a hard reset?

Press and hold both the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button for about ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Please respond with results.

Thank you

0

Adam Boyd
79

you put your code in wrong too many times didnt you! or someone did on your behalf, download a program called recboot and put your ipod into recovery mode, connect to itunes and it will restore the ipod to factory and re sync your last backup!

0

Amy Harris
1

What if the power button is broken? *sigh* This is just awful. This iPod was not on my iTunes, it was my cousin's. He no longer has the computer it was synced with. Any suggestions?

0

lauvic1717
1

Worked for me. Awesome!!

0

Adam Boyd
79

Amy you can download a program called redsnow it had an option to create a custom restore file which will put you into DFU mode for restore especially designed for people with a broken button, then try instructions above for rest, or a program called tiny umbrella can put it in recovery mode at the click of a button.

Edited by: Adam Boyd ( )

0

Cyril Brian
1