Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

display screen sensor

I recently, well my husband recently replaced my glass on my iphone following your fixit instructions and after playing with the #3 tab we got the audio back but however now when in phone mode my display screen stays on and I keep hitting the buttons with my cheek. Tried taking my new cover off thinking I was covering the sensor but no luck any ideas on how to fix this?

a proximity sensor is used to sense when your face is near the screen, in order to blank the display and disable the buttons when you're on a call with the phone to your ear.

this sensor is located under the glass above the top left of the LCD display - just left of the earpiece speaker when viewing the iPhone from the front. if you shine a bright light at the top of the screen, or look at it just at the right angle you can see the faint outline of the sensor(s) under the glass (the ambient light sensor is also there)

perhaps re-check that all your connections are good before reassembling the phone, and also check that you haven't moved the sensor mounted in the display assembly

amber will be eternally grateful.