Start very slow and freeze

Can you help me?, what are the options to solve this problem and also the battery is dead, were can I get a new one in a reasonable price?

You just asked this question 13 hours ago and have two answers that you haven't responded to. Please stick with that question as they are the same.

Thank you very much for your help I will try to fix it as soon as I can

Most Helpful Answer

Here are links to ifixit for free repair manuals and batteries if yours is a 14" model.

For the repair manual choose your model from the list. Good luck.

iBook G4 Repair

http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts/iBook-G4...

This answer was originally to another question.

Try starting up from your system installation disk by inserting the disk and restarting holding down the "C" key. Go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Disk Utility. Select your hard drive on the left and run the Repair Disk till it runs clear. If it won't repair, you'll need to backup your data and replace the hard drive. If this is the case let us know exactly which machine you have and we can direct you to the correct guide and part for replacement.

Alberto Schimmelfennig will be eternally grateful.