Released in 2003, the iBook G4 replaced the iBook G3 as Apple's portable consumer computer.

Old iBook is very slow and freeze, Price for a new battery

My old ibook is super slow and freeze, I need to buy a new battery (battery dead) and buy a good repair manual

Thank you very much for your help I will try to fix it as soon as I can

Here are links to ifixit for free repair manuals and batteries if yours is a 14" model.

For the repair manual choose your model from the list. Good luck.

iBook G4 Repair

http://www.ifixit.com/Mac-Parts/iBook-G4...

Try starting up from your system installation disk by inserting the disk and restarting holding down the "C" key. Go to the second screen pull down menu to Utilities > Disk Utility. Select your hard drive on the left and run the Repair Disk till it runs clear. If it won't repair, you'll need to backup your data and replace the hard drive. If this is the case let us know exactly which machine you have and we can direct you to the correct guide and part for replacement.

This answer was originally to another question.

You just asked this question 13 hours ago and have two answers that you haven't responded to. Please stick with that question as they are the same.

Alberto Schimmelfennig will be eternally grateful.