Front facing camera poor quality and mic’s volume low

As Title i have 2 problem:

1) the front facing camera have a poor quality. It’s look like someone put his dirty finger on the camera. It’s look like camera lens is dirty and give an opaque effect, blurry.

2) During a calls i heard the voice of who talks too low. Maybe i need to clean something? But how?

thanks you

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Ever fixed something? That’s Genius.

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

We Are All Geniuses

Share your repair story with #ImAGenius

Most Helpful Answer

You can take the phone apart read through the guides on here and give the camera a clean as well as the screen part where it goes with a cotton bud or something similar

iPhone 6s Front-Facing Camera and Sensor Assembly Replacement that's a guide on replacing the front camera you could try just cleaning it first

You can clean the microphone gently it's the small hole at the bottom of the phone left side of the charging port, use a toothpick and don't push it too far try to pop out any gunk in there rather than push it in…

Thanks you, but i have edited my question because i wrote it wrong. During a calls i heard the voice of who talks too low. So i think the problem is in the mic  near front facing camera.

sounds like all the problems are at the top of the screen? have you dropped the phone or had liquid spill? It may be wax/skin/dirt build up in the speaker slot at the top of the screen for the low voice volume on calls.. particularly if the hands free is ok. clean the slot with a tooth pick or toothbrush to remove any debris. as for the front facing camera.. this may be more of the same issue, particularly if you have a screen protector or case on the phone. Remove any extra covers and clean over the top of the screen with either lens cleaner (for glasses) or alcohol wipes. If that doesn’t work you may need to clean inside the external lens/screen or replace the speaker on the LCD.

I also believe that cleaning is appropriate. I would start with the glass over the camera, if the problem persists then you will want to clean further…. The tiny speaker grill located at the top center of your screen may be dirty / clogged up …. I have used a vacuum on my phone numerous times (when it’s taken a quick and accidental dip in water typically) and I presume that will clean that little mesh speaker grill. However if you wish to be more thorough there’s a video on YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0TESWCM-eq...

where this guy goes through the process of cleaning it by means of removal and then uses rubbing alcohol and a toothbrush to clean it. While your in that portion of your phone you have great access to the inner portions of the camera where you could very carefully clean all areas that could be causing your blurry image quality problem with a q-tip (cotton swab) or tool of your choice. Carefully reassemble as to avoid getting oil or any other debris in the camera areas that you just cleaned. A similar process could be performed on the bottom microphone grill and lower speaker grill that I believe turns on during a call using the speakerphone feature.

good luck!

2mattdell will be eternally grateful.