Parts & Tools

Repair guides and support for top and front loading Whirlpool brand washers.

Why is my whirlpool cabrio washer leaking water on floor

Why does my whirlpool Cabrio washer leak water on the floor during first fill

Mine doesnt leak on outside when washer is off you can see slow drip to inside of tub if you have any cloth in washer they will be soaked by the morning

Similar problem I believe mine is leaking from the drain hole, the drain pump is working properly, wondering if i could just replace the rubber seal? Thanks

I notice a puddle of water in the floor around my washer not until 1-2 days after I wash. None during a wash

It is happening while the washing machine is for me. Any ideas?

My cabrio leaks water at the bottom of the washer to the back of it. Depending on the load it could be a little water sometimes quite a bit--enough to run to the basement drain right by washer. Leaks when the washer is filling initially & during the wash when it is time to fill up to rinse the load. Any suggestions on what to try to fix this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Tom

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Most Helpful Answer

Most Frequent Causes for Washer leaking water

Cause 1

Drain Pump

The drain pump pumps water out the drain hose. If the drain pump is cracked or damaged, or if the bearings are worn out, the drain pump may leak water. The drain pump is not repairable—if the pump is leaking water, replace it.

Cause 2

Tub Seal and Bearing Kit

The tub seal might be torn, causing water to leak from the seal. If the tub seal is leaking water, water may leak through the tub seal and into the tub bearings. This can cause the bearings to fail. For this reason, if the tub seal is leaking water, replace both the tub seal and the tub bearings. Be aware that this is a complicated repair and will require disassembling most of the washer.

Cause 3

Tub Seal

Hi @ Jessie Gloria,

If there is water leaking into the washer tub, try turning off the taps that the washer’s hot and cold hoses are connected to and check if there is water in the tub in the morning.

If there isn’t any water in the tub, you have a leaking water inlet solenoid valve in the washer. They cannot be repaired, they have to be replaced

To prove which one it is, either the hot or the cold solenoid valve, close one tap at a time and then check a bit later for any water leak in the tub to prove whether it is the hot or the cold water inlet that is the problem.

What is the make and model number of the washer?

You can search online for (insert washer make and model number) parts to get results for suppliers so that you know how much a replacement solenoid valve is.

Some suppliers even have videos on how to install them.

You may also wish to check the hose filters in case they are broken and allowing grit etc to enter the solenoid and possibly preventing it from sealing properly when closed.

The filters are located at the end of the hoses where they screw into the machine.

Does this only happen on the initial fill? Or does it happen rinse cycles too? Where is the leak coming from?

Sometimes, the rubber seals on the water inlet hoses don’t work well or the hoses aren’t tight/snug.

The fill cycle pulls water from the inlet hoses and sometimes (due to water pressure), the jolt caused by this can cause hoses to loosen over time.

My first recommendation is to check the inlet hoses, and verify that they are tight and still serviceable. After that, start a cycle (on hot and cold temp so both hoses pull water) and check for leaks. The leak persists, allow it to run and search for the source.

However, the hoses are often times the culprit.

Hope this helps.

great advise thank you for that! I also have at times found water under my Cabrio Platinum washer and recently it seems the sound when spinning is a bit different , would that tend to indicate tub seal and bearings?

I have water under my Cabrio Platinum washing machine. I found the leak on mine. I removed the back panel and watched as I ran a load of wash. There is a very small intermittent leak at the top of the tub plastic tub. It appears to be water splashing up and out of the tub. Small drops migrate out and drip down to the floor.

I've taken a photo of the back of the machine with the back panel removed and you can clearly see the white water staining on the plastic tub. These are the leaky spots.

Hope this helps, unfortunately I don't know how repair this issue.

Don't know the washer but if it is a top loader, does this happen when the water level is set to medium or low or only when set to high?

Just wondering if it is a water level pressure sensor switch problem and too much water is filled when high water level selected.

What is the full model number of the washer?

muddy4brats will be eternally grateful.