Model M8413 or A1007 / 600, 700, 800, or 900 MHz G3 processor

Time & Date will not save

My problem is that when I turn my ibook off and unplug it, then i plug it back in, the time and date are reset to a different year, month and day and the time is usually reset also. Is there a battery that needs to be changed somewhere inside the laptop?

The loss of time and date information usually means all power has been cut off from the computer. On older computers, there was a separate PRAM battery that preserved that info when the computer was unplugged and the battery was dead. But folks on a recent thread ( Won't boot up ) have been saying that the G3 iBooks don't have a separate PRAM battery.

So my best guess is that the main laptop battery is dead or was dead when you unplugged the AC. Is that the case? If the battery no longer holds a charge, you may have to replace it to maintain your time and date settings when the machine is unplugged.

You can also set the clock to be automatically updated online when you go online if you don't want to buy a battery. Ralph

Stanley Smith will be eternally grateful.