Microwave makes loud electric sound when I turn it on, still works
When I started cooking with my microwave (Whirlpool model), I heard a loud electric popping sound but it continued to run and cooked my food just fine. I thought it might be a one-off occurrence, but it happened again later. I suspect it has something to do with the capacitor discharging itself when the microwave turns on, but when I opened it up I didn’t see any burn marks or other indications of what might be causing it. Any ideas?
Is this a good question?