Xbox One controller introduced in 2016 with the launch of the Xbox One S and adds Bluetooth support for Windows 10. This controller is the current mainstream controller sold by Microsoft. This controller fixes many of the design flaws found on Model 1537/1697 controllers and is much more reliable.

What is rattling in my controller?

My son dropped his xbox one Wireless controller and now it makes a rattling sound when it is shaken. What is causing the rattle? Did a small plastic piece break loose inside the controller? Any information will be greatly appreciated… Thanks

As @zantheproplayz said, it could be a broken stud, but it is also possible it is damage to one of the haptic motors. Chances are it’s harmless, and these controllers are quite easy to get apart as well.

Good luck!

EDIT: Follow this guide and once you get the faceplate off, shake it around a bit, and see if anything comes out. That will stop the rattling if it is in fact a broken plastic piece.

Hi!

I have this problem once and if the controller is working, nothing to worry about. its just a piece of plastic or a piece of a stud broken off lose and mke the rattling noise.

Hope this Helps

Dustin Baker will be eternally grateful.