The MacBook family was first introduced in May 2006 and replaced the iBook as Apple's consumer laptop.

LCD freezes and beeping comes out of computer

I have a MacBook, and when I turn it on, it turns on fine, but then it begins to get glichy and then the LCD freezes, and sometimes a beeping sound comes out of the computer. Any ideas?

is there a pattern to the beeps that repeats?

Do the colors get scrambled? What are the last three letters of your serial number?

The beep codes were revised in October 1999, and have been the same since. In addition, on some models, the power LED would flash in cadence.

1 beep = no RAM installed

2 beeps = incompatible RAM types

3 beeps = no good banks

4 beeps = no good boot images in the boot ROM (and/or bad sys config block)

5 beeps = processor is not usable

that sounds like a cooked(overheated) graphics card or a bad/dusty connection. this can't be a driver problem if it beeps at the time you first push the power button to the windows loading screen.

I hope he is not getting the windows screen on his MacBook and nowhere did anyone suggest that it was a driver issue.

keithkirby1 will be eternally grateful.