Toshiba Laptop

Laptops manufactured by Toshiba.

How to remove bios password

my laptop toshiba satellite pro l450d 12x ..

i forgot the passward , how to reset it..

Please tell us more. Is the password to the laptop or to an account the operating system?

by ABCellars

Yes. On the lock screen tried deleting both launchers and started all over but passc OK de is still locked

by larryguillot

Here is a link to an article that may help you. Make sure you save the password if you reset it.

Good luck

http://www.technibble.com/how-to-bypass-...

This doesn't work . The password is on computer not on window

by Muhammad Ali Iqbal Raja

I don't understand--the link is for resetting the bios on the computer--not the operating system.

by rj713

rj713 the laptop is locked up by a password. This person can not get beyond the password screen. They are not trying to get to the BIOS. "They want to own the box." That is what I was trying to clarify with my question in the comment section, of their question. I have no solutions for what they want the manufacturers keep coming up with new ways of making sure that who owns the laptop is not compromised. SAM inside works for the operating system.

by ABCellars

I hope he has a dealer nearby in that case. I was going by his statement that he wanted to remove the bios password.

by rj713

Yep, he needs an "Authorized Service Dealer" for that since Toshiba does not even like to give any of the reset codes over the phone.

by oldturkey03

the 'so-called' technician at technibble and many others that purport to be knowledgeable on power-on-passwords do not understand that to use any power-on-password killer, u have to gain access to the power-on-password creator, which means any cracker in windows.

a. is not going to work coz the password is written to a chip on the motherboard, and

b. the power-on-password comes up b4 anything, so u can't even get into get ito windows.

c. wiping the bios via the cmos battery will not work, although, it did work once for me on an hp but i had to do it in very specific way, the same method wouldn't work with a sony vaio.

so u need a dedicated piece of software to reprogram the eeprom chip, this is an electrically erasable progammable read only only memory chip that usually only the original manufacturer will be able to give u the code.

although there some guys out there that have learned how to do it but it is not a free service, i know this is not going to help u solve ur problem but hope it helps u understand what has to be done.

u will also have to prove ownership of ur laptop, which is not so easy to do, unless u r the original owner.

regardz

jakkadan

jejeje a mi me paso eso y solo llame a la toshiba y me dijeron que tenia que llevarla al centro de servicio autorizado y que esto tenia que pagarlo yo osea no lo cubre la garantia por que eso es un pass que tu pusistes y solo me costaba 25 dolares aca en puerto rico y saben que trate con todo y nada y al cabo de 3 meses intentando acordarme el pass en una me ti uno que yo creia era y fuaaaaaa ese mismo era y lo quite y no lo pongo mas amenos que sea necesario y apuntala en unsitio seguro

Reset bios password on Toshiba Satellite laptop? You can get the ways to reset it from:http://www.windows-7-password.com/how-to...

To remove Toshiba laptop BIOS password, I found an article, hope it helpful to you, read it in: http://findpassword.net/reset-toshiba-sa...

I think you can try to visit: http://www.recoverlostpassword.com

Easy job, just removed the bios password on my toshiba satellite L450d-12x, to do so remove Ram cover and Ram modules, then carefully remove label from motherboard underneath where the ram was, there is a 5mm square copper bit that if u look carefully is 2 pieces arranged into a square (it's labelled J1) u just need to short these two pieces together, I used a small flathead screwdriver but it is lacquered so I had to scratch it slightly to get a good connection. Also make sure u remove battery and charger first and hold down power button for 20 seconds to drain any excess charge. Good luck everyone!

Tried Rogers answer above, and now the laptop gives me nothing. screen just stays blank.

Power and Battery lights come on, but that is the only indication of any activity.

laptop locks

I have some advice on how to reset Bios password for Toshiba computer. Please check which case you are in:

Step 1: Open your computer case to examine the motherboard. Remove the CMOS battery. Gently pry the battery from its housing and reinsert the battery after 10 minutes. If this works and you don’t see the password prompt, then you have successfully reset the BIOS password. Otherwise, follow the steps below.

Step 2: Locate the jumpers near the edge of the board or near the CPU or the CMOS battery. Find “Clear CMOS” or “Clear Password”. Place the jumper over the pins and restart your computer. If this doesn’t work, try step 3.

Step 3: Enter a password after receiving the password prompt. If you have an Award BIOS, try “AWARD PW”. If you have a Phoenix BIOS, try “CMOS”.

More details please refer to http://www.lostwindowspassword.com/artic...

Wow everybody wants to get so complicated re-flashing EPROMs and what not before they have all the facts. Has anybody considered the hard drive, SATA has been password locked? If that's the case, toss the drive and install a new one. Don't waste your time trying to hack your way in, unless there is a very specific reason you want access to that data if that's the case hire a forensics team to recover the drive. Its really not that complicated. If it's bios lockout, pull the batterys for half an hour. if it's not a windows lockout, then it's a sata pw lockout.

Hi, you can Google search "how to reset bios password windows password recovery tool" to get an article about the detailed information.

unlock toshiba satellite P850 F315

i can to help to reset my toshiba satellite P850 F315 bios password lock

Muhammad Ali Iqbal Raja will be eternally grateful.