What can I do with my water damaged iPod?

Hi mate,

Unfortunately my apple Ipod 4th gen nano was soaked on water for 8 hours.I knew how to deal electronics, opened all the parts and used electronics solution to clean the parts. After 6 hours I just checked with Multimeter, battery dead and I tried to connect to laptop via usb there was no response. What can I do with this one, shall I try with repair parts like battery replacement or to keep under my desk?

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0


go for a new battery and then get back to us. I'm going to send this to the main repair questions, this is just for site maintenance etc


This question was migrated from http://meta.ifixit.com/.


Add a comment

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

jabarali2009, the way I would proceed is to clean all the parts with isopropyl alcohol and a soft brush. Do not forget the connectors and cables. You can use a hair dryer on the lowest cold settings or a desk lamp to help with the drying. Avoid excessive heat. After that I would definitely replace the battery. The reason why your iPod may not come on when it is plugged in, could be that the battery is shortening out the charging circuit. I'd start with that and do some more trouble shooting after that, if necessary. The new battery will also be a great starting reference for further trouble shooting. Good Luck and let us know how it is going.

iPod nano (4th Gen) Replacement Battery

iPod Nano 4th Generation Battery Replacement

iPod nano (4th Gen) Replacement Battery Image


iPod nano (4th Gen) Replacement Battery


Was this answer helpful?

Score 2
Add a comment

Add your answer

jabarali2009 will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 2

All Time: 1,503