5th generation 626, built on the GF platform.

Where is the intake air temperature sensor located?

My check engine light is on so I did a code check at my local parts store, the scanner said my problem is an intake air temp. sensor. My problem is I can,t find it. Please help. The reason I had it checked is because it takes me 30 min. sometimes to get it started. I've replaced fuel pump, air charged sensor, head work done, stopped the heating problem now I would like for it to start when I turn the key.

trying to find IAT sensor on my BA 6cyl falcon auto

chadell if you are looking for the physical location of the sensor, it is on the left hand side of your engine and all 4 cyl and 1998 models have the intake air temperature sensor installed in the air cleaner housing and it is only 2 wires. Check the attached image ;-) it also helps if you give the error code that you originally got.. anyhow here you go.

Turkey - I realized after reading your answer that chadell may have been stating that he couldn't find it on the vehicle not that he couldn't find the part ;-)

mayer, happens to me all the time it just shows we are all humans ;-)

Here you go: http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...

chadell will be eternally grateful.