1.5 Core Solo, 1.66 or 1.83 Core Duo, or 1.83 or 2 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

mac mini wont turn on, only fan

My mac mini won't turn on. It was working fine before I turned it off to move it, and when I plugged it in again only the fan started, nothing else. No light, no chim, no nothing. Only the fan spining loudly.

I'm at a loss as to what is the cause. I changed out the battery, cleaned it thoroughly, made sure everything is connected properly and even bought a new power supply with hopes that might be it. Tried zapping it but still nothing. Just the fan going.

Try unplugging it and holding the power on button for 10 seconds the plug it back in and give it a shot.

Tried that already as well. No dice. Not really sure what to try next.

Same symptom for me too, except I came home from shopping to find the Mini had ceased to function except for the fan on high speed. Searching for a Mac specialist to diagnose..

To avoid confusion, please start a new question and tell us what you have tried so far. Thanks

confirmed as a dead logic board on mine...

Gregorio will be eternally grateful.