A comprehensive set of repair information regarding objects with specified tasks, usually for fixing or building.

How can I improve the grip on the 54-bit kit screwdriver?

How can I improve the grip on the screwdriver in the 54-bit kit? The shaft of the screwdriver is completely smooth except for 3 rubber rings that rotate in place when you turn them and some dimples that don't seem to do much. I'm having trouble removing screws that are screwed on really tight; I end up using a different screwdriver almost every time because I can't seem to get enough grip on the kit screwdriver.

I have the kit you have and also the smaller kit. The smaller one has a larger diameter handle and it feels like I can get about double the torque on it. It's an inexpensive set plus I don't have to change bits as often when using both drivers. Here it is: 26 Bit Driver Kit

Thanks, I purchased that kit hoping that the screwdriver in that one is better. Plus, I needed bigger bits for bigger things like desktop computers, so it works out.

Glad I could help.

Try adding some sugru to customize it to your needs!

danieltian will be eternally grateful.