User-centric 15" Asus F553M notebook laptop. Released in 2015.

battery not charging (green and orange led light flashing)

My Asus F551m has a battery problem, can't recharge anymore, flashes green and orange led when on charger at off state. when on, it shows battery charging but symbol but always at 0% charge, so I concluded that the battery is dead and I decided to buy a compatible battery for replacement. the closer I could get in term of voltage rating is 14.4 v/ 2200mAh/32Wh but the battery to be replaced is rated 11.25v/2850mAh/33Wh.

can I use the 14.4v battery to replace the 11.25v? or is there a way apart of solving this problem of battery not charging (green and orange led light flashing) from replacing the battery?

charger is in a long time but yet still keeps saying 95%, battery not charging

Hello Marvin,

It is possible to use the 14.4V battery as long as it is built for your specific laptop. Many laptops have circuitry that can handle a voltage range. What that range is depends on each model. Check your laptop documentation before plugging in third-party batteries.

The flashing green/orange LED usually indicates a charging problem. This could be the power adapter, motherboard, or battery.

Shut down the laptop, take the battery out, and try to start the laptop up with only the power adapter. If it doesn't start, you may have an adapter problem.

New battery working perfectly with the system now. I did as directed with the old battery thinking it might revive it but to no avail, light were still flashing (This gave me a strong confirmation that the old battery is dead of a truth) immediately I plugged in the 14.4v new battery, the light stoped blinking n battery started charging, hence this signified that the adaptor nor the motherboard was not the the problem but purely dead battery problem. Thanks

For future ref.: there's no reason to assume that the ac plug isn't working if you run off battery until fully discharged & re-plug & the PC works & the battery re-charges & continues green/orange flash.

Hi there.. you told us the problem if it DOESN'T start after taking out the battery but what if it does start after removing the battery and just having the charger plugged in? Is this a battery problem only?

@Pamela Chism-Newman I would say it's highly possible, though not definite to be a battery problem. If your laptop boots up with the battery out and the charger plugged in, it means that the laptop is able to draw power correctly from the charger. So, the remaining culprit would either be the battery or circuitry responsible for charging and managing battery power. The latter is most likely part of the motherboard and is not easy to replace...so I'd try replacing the battery next.

The numbers you gave are not compatible. The 14v battery has less power than the 11v. Laptops need AmpHours. Most are not sensitive about total voltage, because the charging-circuits take care of it.

The 14v will probably fit... but it will not last as long. That means: No movies on the airplane !

Does the charger get HOT ? with the laptop OFF ? with the laptop ON ?

What is the specs of the charger ?

Its your call, my wife's big-screen ASUS stays on her desk. Its battery-less :>)

I'm having the same issue. Very perplexed, because my wife and I have the same PC. Asus vevobook pro. Hers quit charging today. It blinks orange, but the percentage still changes as normal. The PC also does not recognize that it is plugged in, but it works just fine until it goes dead. I tried her cord on mine and it charged fine, so I opened them up and put my battery in hers(after doing a power reset). It worked fine with my battery, but still would not charge. Her battery was fine and charges like normal in my PC. What does this mean?

The battery connector was the with that problem. But it is not easy to replace the battery connector, since it was connected/attached to the mother board. You can replace the mother board assembly but quite expensive. It’s better to buy a new one than replacing the mother board. Since the price is almost the same with a new one.

Marvin Ambrose will be eternally grateful.