Fourth generation Samsung Android tablets. Released in April 2014.

Battery temperature is too low

I have a Samsung tablet TAB 4 – SM-T530 which shows problem when charging: charging paused, battery temperature too low.

Do you know where the problem might be?

Do you know where the battery temperature sensor is located?

Do you know if the battery temperature can be overwritten in order to allow the charging?

Thank you in advance!

Most Helpful Answer

This issue is generally caused by liquid damage / corrosion on the charging port resulting in the device detecting short-circuit (charging pins touching each other) which stops the tablet from charging.

To fix this problem, the tablet would need to be opened off, starting from the back cover, removing the charging port daughterboard assembly and cleaning the corrosion if there is on the charging port behind or the charging port would need to be replaced as a whole if it's physically damaged or no signs of liquid damage.

If this does not end up fixing it, it is a board level which I would estimate not being worth to fix as it would get very expensive with a low chance of fixing it.

Here is link to part and guide on how to replace it if needed:

Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (Wi-Fi) Charging Assembly

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 Micro USB Replacement

Galaxy Tab 4 10.1 (Wi-Fi) Charging Assembly Image

Product

$9.99

2 Comments:

Where Could be problem with charging paused temperature is too low?

Is it the same tablet? It can be caused by a damaged charging port ribbon cable so you might want to try another charging cable.

It can also be caused by liquid damage on the logic board, that'll require circuit troubleshooting and micro-soldering to fix that.

I just had that very same problem. I took out the battery, replaced it with a new one and its fine now!!

Damage to your thermostor could be one of you problems

Just had the same issue. Resolved by warming up the tablet on a heat pad and it’s charging fine now. The temperature is quite low here today (below 10 c - cold for Northern NSW, Australia) which I assume was the cause.

krausztomi will be eternally grateful.