The 9th generation (E120/E130) of Toyota's best-selling compact car.

How to reset "Maintenance required" light?

How do I reset the "Maintenance required" light after an oil change on my 2007 Toyota Corolla?

Thank you for letting us know the answer/solution offered you is the correct one and that it worked.

I just tried this on my 08 corolla and it worked beautifully! Thanks!!

Undo your battery for a couple of minutes. This worked on the older models. I believe this is the procedure for yours.

Turn the ignition key to 'ON' and press the odometer button until the display reads ODO (not Trip A or B).

Turn the ignition key to OFF.

Hold in the same button you used in step 1.

While holding the button in, turn the ignition key to ON.

The ODOMETER will change to:

5 dashes - - - - -

Then 4 dashes - - - -

Then 3 dashes - - -

Then 2 dashes - -

Then 1 dash -

THEN all zeros 0 0 0 0 0

Then back to the correct mileage.

Then the Maintenance Required light should blink and go out.

The owner manuals for 2009-2011 models say that display should be on Trip A. But the owner manual for 2007 model does not provide the instructions at all. Are you sure that it should read actual mileage and not trip A ?

I am sorry it should say ODO and not the actual mileage. The actual miles is for a 2005. Apparently it is the same process but you look for the odometer to say different things in different years. I would have figured all Corollas in the same generation would say the same thing.

+ nice research

Have you ever done it yourself ? The reason I am asking is that the procedure described in ehow and wiki.answers contradicts to: 1) the owner manual for the 10th generation of corolla (i.e. 2009-2011);

2) videos on youtube (the technician selects Trip A). That is why I am interested to hear from people that actually performed "Maint Req" reset. Thank you.

Hi again,

I just found that the owner's manual for my 2007 Corolla has the procedure on page 110. It is exactly as ABCellars said. Thanks again.

very easy video instruction step by step

I have 2010 Corolla thank you techguy123 I couldn't figure it out until I read your post for my car it had to be on trip A.

Hi thank you so much I just followed the procedure and it worked great for me thank you guy

TechGuy123 will be eternally grateful.