iPhone 6S No Service but SIM can be read and Modem Firmware is visible

I don't think it's a problem with the SIM reader. I tried a working Verizon one and it called fine when I turned on WiFi Calling, but it still showed Searching and then No Service. If it was a baseband IC chip problem, wouldn't the Modem Firmware be unavailable? Earlier today, I turned off Airplane Mode for whatever reason since I always keep it on and the Verizon text actually showed up with about 3 bars and went back down to No Service within a minute; I've never seen it do that before.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

No service/intermittent service is an internal problem that should be replaced by Apple. There could be a baseband chip issue - you may send the device to a micro soldering establishment.

Apple can fix it if you send it in or take it to a Apple store for repair. If it’s in warranty they’ll fix it for free, if not the price varies.

Has your issue been fixed? I have exactly the same issue. I think only the Antenna and not a IC is broken...

nope. i suspected there was an antenna problem too, but there was no way to test. there are ebay services that will fix "no service" for you for ~$50. search "no service 6s". spending that much now, i don't think you would add to the value of your phone any more than $50, but it would make it more likely to sell. so it might make sense to fix it

Thank you for your answer! I ordered a new antenna and if it fixed my issue i will report back. :)

michael will be eternally grateful.