The Kenmore 110 Series is an easy to use home Washing machine created by Kenmore.

Hardly turns during the wash cycle but spins and drains

I have a Kenmore HE top loader washer that I bought new in 2012. Model 110.26002012

I have noticed that my cloths are not getting clean and they smell even after washing. I wanted to see what was actually happening during a "normal" cycle so I unscrewed the lid lock and placed it in the lock slot with the lid left open.

I used the recommended amount of HE detergent and did not overload the washer.

The wash filled with a normal amount of water. Enough to saturate my cloths but not cover them completely. From my research, this is appears to be normal for HE washers.

The washer then moves into the "wash" mode. This is where I think I am having a problem. The bucket moves but only slightly. It's not actually agitating the cloths or moving them in anyway. It's moving so little that it's not even creating suds with the soap. At this point my cloths are pretty much soaking in somewhat soapy water.

After the "wash" mode is complete it moves onto the rise, drain and spin cycles. These all work great. It spins very fast and drains so much water out that my cloths that they take no time to dry once moved to the dryer.

The wash driver belt and washer actuator are brand new.

Any thoughts or suggestions on what would cause my washer to not agitate correctly but spin/drain successfully?

Samantha, could you tell me what you did to resolve this problem? I have the same thing with mine!! /Ed

Did anyone solve this. I have the same symptoms

Same problem with my whirlpool

Same problem but with a washer that is only 3 months old . Clothes not clean . Locked the lid close switch and watched the action of the agitator . It is moving ever so slightly and tub is moving very slow . Clothes on top never leave the original place or get turned over in washer . Help ????

@horsecentz

If it is only 3 months old from new, contact the manufacturer's customer service section about a manufacturer's warranty repair.

Most Helpful Answer

Cause 1

Agitator Repair Kit

If the washer won't agitate, replacing the agitator repair kit may solve the problem. The kit contains the agitator components that are most likely to wear out and/or fail. If any of the parts are worn out, stripped, or damaged, replace the kit.

Cause 2

Drive Block or Bell

The drive block connects the washer transmission to the agitator. If the drive block is worn out, the transmission shaft will still move back and forth, but the agitator will only move slightly or will not move at all. Inspect the drive block for damage. If the drive block is worn out, stripped, or damaged, replace it.

Cause 3

Motor Coupling

The motor coupling connects the motor to the washer transmission. If the washer is overloaded, the motor coupling will fail in order to protect both the motor and transmission. The motor coupling can also fail due to normal wear. Inspect the motor coupling to determine if it is broken. If the motor coupling is broken, replace it.

How could it be any of the suggested things when the machine works as normal in a different cycle?

FIXED under $10. I have a kenmore 500 seires washer and had the same problem. My impeller ( agitator ) barely moved. the teeth were worn on this part ( W10528947 Basket Driven Hub Kit Replacement for Washing Machine Replaces W10396887/W10528947VP ). 7/16 socket - phillips screwdriver - small standard ( flathead) screwdriver 3 minutes and done

Samantha Madgey will be eternally grateful.