Repair information for printers made by Canon.

Can I get my MAC to run Canon printer BJC210?

I have had nothing but problems with printers ever since Canon refused to back up the old BJC210 printer. I have a MAC (Microsoft WPX Office 10703 Home and Student)

but I can't get my BJC210 to work. I like my old printer so much, I would even buy a small computer with the Windows program installed and use it solely to run the printer.

I bought the printer maybe 15 years ago and it never ever let me down or missed a beat and got me through my Ph.D with all the printing that involved. I liked it so much, I bought two more used ones and learned how to refill the cartridges. I thought I was set up for life, but Canon shot me down... Can someone suggest a SIMPLE way of getting back to using my old BJC210 please? My email in Toronto is: [eMail removed for privacy]

(I am a Senior and simple-minded when it comes to computers).

Many thanks.

Hi fionnlaigh

I just checked with canon UK site and it mentioned about not supporting, but well there is another possible solution,

Consider reading and trying this method

it mentioned about trying out on the unofficial drivers

What is your current computer and OS X?

I don't think there's too much you can do, even in a modern Windows environment. Most modern inkjets are what are referred to as "Wintel" printers. These do not have onboard processing and rely on the driver. If the driver doesn't work in a modern OS, you are stuck and there isn't much you can (usually) do.

The problem here is the age of your printer. It's too old to resonably expect Canon to support it in modern operating systems. You will need to locate an old Win9x or XP system to keep the printer in service and purchase something modern for your Mac.

fionnlaigh will be eternally grateful.