The S55t-A5389 model of the Toshiba Satellite laptops was released in 2013. Repair of the device requires screwdrivers and prying tools. The device can be identified by the Harman/Kardon sticker between the keyboard and the display.

Is it possible to replace the WiFi card inside this laptop?

if so, please post a guide step by step.

thank you.

Most Helpful Answer

Yes, it is possible to replace wireless card in this laptop. You can purchase a new one here.

As for a replacement guide, there is not yet one available for this laptop and I am not able to create one as I don't own this laptop. I recommend searching Google if you haven't already.

To add to this answer here is a video that shows how to open the laptop to gain access to the WiFi card (5:19 minutes into the video).

It is always advisable to disconnect the battery when working on electronic equipment to prevent any electrical problems from occurring if you slip while using tools inside the laptop. Even though the laptop is Off there is still power on the motherboard. You don't have to remove the battery, just disconnect it.

Disconnecting the battery doesn't stop "mechanical' problems though e.g. components removed from board accidentally.

Don't forget to reconnect the battery before you close up after the repair/replacement

We are currently in the works of creating a guide to replace the WiFi card in a Toshiba Satellite S55t-A5389 laptop. It should be done by Monday evening.

skadoosh157 will be eternally grateful.