Released November 4, 2017. Model A1865, A1901. Available as GSM or CDMA / 64 or 256 GB / Silver or Space Gray. (Pronounced the same as "iPhone 10.")

My iPhone X got Water Damaged

Hi

My iPhone x got water damaged by failing in water

After the phone filled in the water, it was working fine but later on I found out that it did not accept charging anymore and I could not turn it on again

I don't know what my chances.

Are you guys able to fix this kind of issues?

Even though it is IP67 water *resistant* unfortunately does not mean it is waterproof. I seems to have done well in reviewer tests, but some units just have bad seals. If you have AppleCare+, you can get it replaced, but it is not covered under warranty.

Unfortunately I don't have apple care

My iPhone X got water damaged but in a completely different way. The camera lens is now very foggy from the inside. I don't know how to clean/fix it.

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

Most Helpful Answer

For now, I would get it OOW replaced with Apple. It will be expensive but I don't think there are many third party repair shops that are routinely doing micro-soldering on the iPhone X. You may have more luck with some of the big Chinese shops like Rewa or G-Lon so you could always research them.

The iPhone X has a sandwiched pcb design which makes it very challenging to repair. Check out the teardown if your curious

Thank you so much

I just don't understand what do you mean by OOW replaced?

Apple says the only thing they can do "replace it with new iphone which going to cost almost 600$"

Is that what do you mean?

Yes, OOW is "Out Of Warranty"

if you have all your data backed up you should get a out of warranty replacement but if you have data in it that you need you can attempt data recovery but once the phone has been in water it will never work the same. you may also need a new phone depending on the damage caused to the board! Good Luck!

Sulaiman will be eternally grateful.