General Motors' GMT400 platform.

Why do my turn signals stop flashing when I apply the brake?

My turn signals work, but when I apply the brake, they stop? When I take my foot off the brake, it starts to flash again.

Do you have a trailer light plug?

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

PC Laptop Batteries

An easy fix for a big power boost.

Check your light bulbs, the two filament bulbs can shorten out on a filament when the brake is applied. Make sure you have the right bulbs in and check the wiring harness on your lights and take a look inside the light assembly for any short circuit. Also any addition like the third brake light and, like mayer said, a trailer light plug that is shortened can do it too. Good Luck to you

Actually, on a trailer plug, wires for the brake lights and the turn signals may have been connected together, not unusual, as many trailers do not have separate lights for brakes and turn signals.

I am having the same problem with my 02 jeep liberty. The blinker works just fine, but as soon as I turn the head lights on and apply the brake they don't flash just stay on. But when the headlights are off they work just fine when applying the brake.

Terry Arnold, did you ever find the solution to you signal light problem?

I have a similar problem, my right hand turning signal blink faster when I apply brakes! pls assist skhinero@gmail.com

I have a 05 monte carlo, my problem is my turn signals are going crazy, they work just fine while the car is in park, after putting in gear they stop work, also when i turn my head lights on thats when they work but they blink real fast, last thing my fog lights are very dim, I've replaced and checked fuses and bulbs, still same issues, can someone help, Thans Randy

All of these problems mentioned can be the result of a bad ground. When you operate both blinkers and brake lights and the blinkers stop blinking, it’s because the circuit is not good enough to operate both lights. Bad ground. Same with headlights and blinkers. Probably the same with fog lights. Easy solution is the add an additional ground for the tail lights. Tail lights are the farthest away from the battery. Find the ground wire in each tail light assembly and add an additional wire and connect it to a good solid metal point and your problems will be all gone!!

Mine does similar but it only does it after dark or real cloudy days ???

Todd will be eternally grateful.