General Motors' GMT400 platform.

Why do my turn signals stop flashing when I apply the brake?

My turn signals work, but when I apply the brake, they stop? When I take my foot off the brake, it starts to flash again.

Do you have a trailer light plug?

Most Helpful Answer

Check your light bulbs, the two filament bulbs can shorten out on a filament when the brake is applied. Make sure you have the right bulbs in and check the wiring harness on your lights and take a look inside the light assembly for any short circuit. Also any addition like the third brake light and, like mayer said, a trailer light plug that is shortened can do it too. Good Luck to you

Actually, on a trailer plug, wires for the brake lights and the turn signals may have been connected together, not unusual, as many trailers do not have separate lights for brakes and turn signals.

I am having the same problem with my 02 jeep liberty. The blinker works just fine, but as soon as I turn the head lights on and apply the brake they don't flash just stay on. But when the headlights are off they work just fine when applying the brake.

I have a similar problem, my right hand turning signal blink faster when I apply brakes! pls assist skhinero@gmail.com

Todd will be eternally grateful.