Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

Can you recover data from a phone with dead logic board?

Ok my phone was dropped and I found out it's the logic board that has issues. Is it possible to repair it? I had a lot of important stuff on my phone. iCloud only has 5gb so I barely have anything on it that I'm referring to.

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

Most Helpful Answer

@letoyastone you can only recover your data if you get the phone to power up. You will have to get the logic board repaired so that your phone stays on long enough to remove your files. Contact users like @refectio who specialise in this type of repair and see if he can help you out.

Depends on what part of the logic board is "dead". as long as it is not the memory modules you can get it fixed by a good micro solder pro to find and replace the components that are causing the logic board problems.

Ling Xiaoyu will be eternally grateful.