The JBL Charge 3 can be recognized by its distinct woven speaker cover and rubber accents. It was released in 2016 and features a fully waterproof design, 20 hours of playback time, and bluetooth connectivity.

Battery indicators always lit

Hello, recently I got JBL Charge 3 bluetooth speaker. Everything is fine except one thing. Battery indicators are always on. All 5 of them. Even in the JBL Connect there's always full bar. I was using it all day and when I came home I charged it. When I put it to electricity only 2 leds were lit and third was blinking. After some minutes all 4 leds were lit and 5th was blinking. The 5th led is blinking endlessly.. Everything works fine except the indicators... I will try to completely drain its battery and recharge it and I'll also try resetting it(power button and volume down). When I got it, it was charged to 4 leds and it was draining( only 3 leds left after some time). I put it to charge and I updated the firmware and leave it to charge. After some time the 5th led was still blinking endlessly but when I took off the charge cable it had 5 leds lit, those were still lit after 3-4 hours of usage...

Hello. I had the same problem with a JBL Pulse 3.

I even went to the store where I bought it to replace it (which was kindly done by the salesperson) because I read somewhere the problem was a battery problem.

I charged the "new" unit with the same "defect", but..

But I solved it simply by upgrading the firmware, done through my cell phone.

That was it. No more 5th led blinking eternally.

How to upgrade the firmware?

I already updated the firmware. Nothing was wrong with it.. The 5th led just takes too long to charge.. The first 4 leds take about 20 min each, but the third one takes around 2-3 hours. I thought it has defect because I used it for like 2 hours and it still had 5 leds on. When I charged it suddenly had just 3. But now it work fine. Thanks for the answer though. :)

How to upgrade the firmware

my jbl charge 3 is charging for over 4 hours and its still on the 1st led.

what do i do??

Get a better charger.

Josef will be eternally grateful.