The smaller version of Google Home voice-activated speaker, equipped with Google Assistant. It was announced on October 4, 2017 and released globally on October 19, 2017.

Where can I buy a new cord for my google mini

My dog chewed through the power cord in my google home mini. Where can I buy a replacement? Best Buy wasn’t sure if any cord would work.

my rabbit bit mine. One bite, two pieces!

I’m looking for a replacement cord for my Google Mini..My new Australian Shepard was bored and left mine in two pieces.

=== Update (02/16/2019) ===

I’m still looking for a replacement cord.

As per my answer below.... The Google Home Mini uses a conventional Micro-USB cable to be powered. You can get a standard cable that terminates in a USB A connection, plug that into a 5V 1.8A tablet charger. The only trick is that the Micro-USB plug can't be too big, so as to fit into the MIni's receptacle. Keep the old cord's "Mini end" for comparison.

Free shipping on all orders over $100 or containing a Pro Tech Toolkit!

Browse Our Store

Most Helpful Answer

The included charger/cord is a simple USB 2.0 charger that produces standard 5 VDC at 1.8A.

Any tablet charger (for Apple or Android devices) should work, so long as the cord’s USB Micro B connector is small enough to fit through the recess in the GHM. Don’t whittle one down if it doesn’t fit, you could create a short.

The Home Mini accepts power from a Micro USB cable. A charger that outputs anywhere between 1-2A should be fine

The Micro-USB connector's shell must be small enough to fit into the Mini Home.

I do have to say that I used an extra power adapter I had laying around (had to shave down the plastic around the micro-USB because of the depth of the hole it has to slide in) and it works, for the most part.

It doesn't have enough amperage though, it runs pretty good until I try to play music through it, then after a few seconds it trys to draw too much and shuts off, then restarts.

The included adapter is rated for 1.8A so I would say that you need a charger that produces at least that for the GHM to function fully.

going to GameStop you got your charger

Score -1

Janice Bell will be eternally grateful.