Repair and disassembly guides for Samsung printers.

Printed Pages are Ink Smeared

It's a Samsung Personal Laser Printer ML-2010. I am not using the company cartridges but they are not recycled either. My pages are smeared with ink. What can I do to clean up the situation?

Printer makers don't want you to be able to use any toner than the one they sell. So they alter the formula to work at temps specific to their machine. It sounds like your toner may be for a lower temp machine. It will probably work fine with factory toners. Printer makers are in the business of making hugh profits on selling ink, they'll sell you the printer at a loss. Replacement toners sometimes cost almost the same as a new printer with the toners.

HP is pretty lax about it-on their units(and especially their business line) you can override the printer to keep printing even after the toner is empty, and the other thing about HP is a high quality rebuild toner almost always seems to work, so I don't run into problems much. HP even goes as far as to not block 3rd party toner like Samsung, Lexmark and Dell in firmware, too

Jane will be eternally grateful.