Early 2011 model, A1278 / 2.3 GHz i5 or 2.7 GHz i7 processor.

702 Questions View all

This part of my case is loose, how to replace?

This part on my MacBook Pro 13” early 2011 is a bit loose and since I think it is the case of the cable management of the LCD i think it is dangerous. What is it called and how to replace it or fixit? Looks like it doesn’t really fit..

Block Image

Block Image

Block Image

Answered! View the answer I have this problem too

Is this a good question?

Score 0
Add a comment
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12
Spread Fixmas Cheer
Get $12 off your purchase of $50 or more with code FIXMAS12

1 Answer

Chosen Solution

See where it has been dropped and bent in the corner? That is pushing it open when closed. The display will need to be taken apart and that bent in corner straightened out to get it to stop coming apart.


It's not the clutch cover (bar) that's giving you the problem. Slowly close the screen and observe what hits first. It appears to be the corner and that pushes the display assembly apart. It you choose not to straighten the corner then you can simply replace the display assembly and your problem will be solved.

MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Early 2011 Display Replacement

Frankly I know of no way you straighten that corner out without marring it. So you may want to get a plastic hard cover to put on it to dress it cosmetically.

Was this answer helpful?

Score 2


Can this bar be bought somewhere? Then I can simply replace it without straighten anything.


Add a comment

Add your answer

Stijn Braams will be eternally grateful.
View Statistics:

Past 24 Hours: 0

Past 7 Days: 0

Past 30 Days: 0

All Time: 50