4-inch iPhone released in March 2016 with similar hardware specifications to the 6s. Available in Silver, Space Grey, Gold, or Rose Gold with 16/64 GB storage options. Model A1662 and A1723.

How do I get my iPhone se to turn on?

Ok, so I dropped my iPhone SE in the toilet with screen cracked, immediately I took it out and called my parent. Then I put it in rice. When I took it out of the rice it worked but then I saw that there was rice in the charging place so I took a paper clip and got the rice out. Immediately it shut off. So I put it in rice for 3 more days. I took it out on the third day and it didn’t turn on then I plugged it into the charger to see if it would turn on, and it didn’t I left it there for about a day. Then I took it of and it felt hot. Is here a way to fix this?

Most Helpful Answer

If your iPhone SE doesn't start up try this tutorial:

How to resolve not powering up or not charging iPhone SE

@electrotop how about addressing the water damage? No? Yes? Just follow the guide without worrying about that?

That's what I was thinking.

@aidanbaker22 there are way to many things that are going wrong for you. First "I saw that there was rice in the charging place so I took a paper clip and got the rice out. Immediately it shut off. So I put it in rice for 3 more days." you most likely shorted out your phone by doing that. So besides the water damage you know have additional damage. Let's start from scratch and see if you can still resurrect your phone.

First off skip the rice. It is absolutely useless. It will not help you fix your phone. All it does it provides a false sense of security. It will not clean your phone, it will not prevent corrosion.

Second, stop continuing to try to charge, sync or otherwise use your phone. This potentially can make a bad situation worse.

The very first step I would take is to disassemble your phone. Use these guides to disassemble your phone. Take a careful and close look at all components and connectors. Truly assess the damage. Look for major corrosion, evaluate the pins in the connectors etc,. Take a look at all connectors as well as cable ends. After that I would suggest that you clean it a couple of times in sterile water, not drinking water. Use a soft brush and clean it very, very thoroughly with the sterile water. You will have to remove all the EMI shields otherwise you are not cleaning it properly. Once you got the gross contamination cleaned, use 90%+ isopropyl alcohol and clean your parts some more. For a proper cleaning, use this guide. It was written for a Apple iPhone 3G but it is still pertinent to your phone as well. I can not stress the importance of a good cleaning enough, so do it over and over while replacing the alcohol after each cleaning. Do not use compressed air for the cleaning since that can drive liquid as well as corrosion particles into areas that will cause trouble later on. Do not use drinking water, if you need to use water, use sterile water. Also, you do not need to leave it to dry for a day. Isopropyl alcohol in the higher concentration will evaporate quickly and dissipate the water. The importance here is the cleaning. If you can get it professionally cleaned. After all that you must replace the battery. This is a must and not an option. It will fail if you do not take care of it now. Keep in mind that water damage is the hardest to troubleshoot and to repair. You may also have to replace the lightning connector iPhone SE Lightning Connector Replacement

Only after all that should you even try to power up your phone.

iPhone Image

Guide

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

Difficulty:

Difficult

1 - 2 hours

iPhone SE Lightning Connector Image

Guide

iPhone SE Lightning Connector Replacement

Difficulty:

Moderate

50 minutes - 3 hours

I've encounter this problem yesterday, thanks for such a complex answer, helps me a lot :-)

Water damage is not fun. Here we Go!

Rice does not help as there will still be corrosion after the rice.

CAREFULLY Use the guide iPhone SE Teardown to disassemble your phone.

the guide Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage for water damage on iphones is old, but made for all iphones as the same concepts apply.

for more info on water damage: Electronics Water Damage

Good Luck!

iPhone Image

Guide

Repairing iPhone Liquid Damage

Difficulty:

Difficult

1 - 2 hours

iPhone SE Image

Guide

iPhone SE Teardown

Difficulty:

Moderate

@captainsnowball you are missing a few steps. Also, a teardown is not a guide and should not be used for this purpose. Teardowns may be missing a few vital steps. Good start....

Aidan Baker will be eternally grateful.