iPhone dead after battery replacement

Hello, I changed the battery of my iPhone 5s following the instructions and everything looked fine, but the phone doesn’t turn on.

I tried an hard reset but nothing, I opened it again and checked all the contacts, even the screen ones, and they seem ok, I tried to charge it with the battery disconnected but it still doesn’t happen anything, and even reinstalling the old battery didn’t do.

any ideas about what could be wrong or about other checks I could do? Thanks!

What was wrong with the old battery? Did the old battery eventually go flat and it would not charge?

If the charging cable does not plug in fully into the phone then the charging port needs to be cleaned with fine tweezers, avoid prying the 8 pins in the charging port.

The old battery was ok, it was just old. I tried it with a new display and it works, but the phone now is turning on and off continuously even if the battery is 100%

Okay, then you probably have pry damage right above the battery connector there are about 4 small SMD components used for reading the battery health information. Any of those broken or damaged can cause random rebooting.

Can be fixed by someone that does micro-soldering.

Ok I’ll try to find someone, thank you!

There is also a possibility of the hardware failure thus you cannot charge the battery, try ths method:

How to repair not charging or quckly discharging battery issue in an iPhone 5s

Tommaso Sorgente will be eternally grateful.