The slim edition of the classic Xbox 360 with a 250GB HDD and built-in Wi-Fi. Repair requires intricate prying and special tools.

open tray error plz help

my x box 360 console s wont read none of my discs i put it my cleanest game but it still says open tray can someone plz help

Most Helpful Answer

I believe that this is caused by an error with your optical drive. It could be a dirty laser caused by dust and debris as well as a loose laser, the screws that hold it on may have come loose. You will have to disassemble it and take a closer look at it as well as all the connections to it.Xbox 360 S Optical Drive Replacement and there are plenty of fixes out there http://www.google.com/search?q=xbox+360+... Of course, don't do that if you still have warranty on it. then I would send it back to Microsoft and get it fixed.

This worked for my xbox http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.com/2012/0... but you got to know what your doing or else you will be lost

I agree with both solutions or to avoid the hassel of testing and re-testing I would replace the whole optical drive completly. But be shure to get the correct one or u will have a hard time playing games.

You can't just replace the optical drive. The drive is keyed (locked) to the motherboard. First start with replacing the laser. This is the easiest and cheapest step. Anyone can follow the guide on here to swap the laser.

If that doesn't work, there may be an issue on the drive circuit board and that is harder to diagnose. To put a totally new drive in the console requires you stripping the key off the drive circuit board. This involves software, compatible computer and cords. Not something you should attempt if you're not computer savvy.

zaratecarlos14 will be eternally grateful.