Valve Steam Controller, released November 10th 2015. Model 1001.

My left trigger is broken. Can I fix it?

As I was playing, the left trigger of my steam controller stopped working. Actually when I press it the action is the same as the left bumper. Then I realised that there is a weird noise when I shake the controlller and I think a piece inside is broken. I am not sure the warranty would work for this case. Should I try to open the controller and fix it?

Hi @chiheb ,

If it is still under warranty I suggest that you contact Steam about your problem and see if they can assist you in any way. Remind them that it is under warranty.

You do not want to open the controller to repair it if it is still under warranty as this will void the warranty

If Steam do not acknowledge that it is a warranty repair hopefully they still might provide the replacement part (presumably at your expense) so that you can fix it, as there doesn't seem to be any other suppliers of parts online.

If you do have to repair it yourself, and you can get the replacement part, here is the ifixit Steam Controller Teardown guide which may be of some help.

Thanks @jayeff !

I have to check the warranty. I bought the controlled around 1 year ago. I already noticed the teardown which looks very useful. I also found this webpage with a model to print your own bumper: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:267170.... This could be useful if this part is broken.

Chiheb Kaibi will be eternally grateful.