Steam Controller Disassembly
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification
The Steam Controller by Valve is an accessory designed for use with Steam games. The controller features two high-precision, clickable trackpads complete with haptic feedback actuators and dual-stage triggers. It can be used wirelessly or connected via its micro USB port. The Steam Controller can be identified by the Steam logo button on the front, and its model number, 1001, printed on the panel behind the battery cover.
- Dual trackpads
- HD haptics
- Analog stick
- Dual-stage triggers, each with 10° of travel, a magnetic flux sensor, and a tactile switch
- Gyroscope and accelerometer sensors enabling tilt-to-steer racing wheel functionality and other motion-controlled input
- Wired or wireless (dual mode)
- USB 2.0 via Micro USB port
- Estimated 5 meters of wireless communications range
- Provides up to 80 hours of standard game play using the included AA batteries
Steam: Official Site
Wikipedia: Steam Controller