Home button assembly bracket

I ordered a home button assembly from iFixit but it doesn't quite match what I need. It seems there is a metal bracket that holds the actual button to the glass/plastic button on the screen side. The home button assembly instructions do not mention this metal bracket or how to move the one on my phone to the new home button assembly. I don't seen any equivalent parts on the iFixit site but when Googling the home button assembly many of the images show the metal bracket attached.

You definitely received a bad part. It should look like this. However, we are just volunteers here to help out folks like yourself. I would contact iFixit support and explain the situation, they will take care of you.

iPhone 5s Home Button Assembly Image

Thanks, I have contacted them, by phone and email but no answer yet. Just the robo response they received my message.

Mel Cooke will be eternally grateful.