Replace superdrive with SSD?
can i replace the Superdrive in my 27" iMac (late 2009) with a SSD? And which optical bay do i need?
Best regards, Udo
Is this a good question?
Here's the adapter for a 12.7 mm optical bay hard drive enclosure: 12.7 mm SATA Optical Bay SATA Hard Drive Enclosure: http://www.ifixit.com/search?x=15&y=13&t...
Here's the info I got on the DVD drive, note the Compatibility at the end:
DVD-ROM Drive GA11N
12.7mm SATA DRIVES Firmware Revision: SA15
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 2048 KB
Read speed: 24x (CD), 8x (DVD)
Write speed: 24x (CD), 8x (DVD+R), 4x (DVD-R), 4x (DVD+R DL), 2x (DVD-R DL)
Rewrite speed: 16x (CD-RW), 8x (DVD+RW), 6x (DVD-RW)
DVD-ROM Data transfer rate up to 11.08MB/Sec (8X)
CD-ROM Data transfer rate up to 3,600KB/Sec (24X)
Please check for compatibility before purchase.
Package Contents: One original Apple Superdrive by HL
Compatibility: - MacBook 13.3-inch 2.0GHz (MB466LL/A) Intel Core 2 Duo (Late 2008) - Unibody
- MacBook 13.3-inch 2.4GHz (MB467LL/A) Intel Core 2 Duo (Late 2008) - Unibody
- MacBook Pro 15.4-inch 2.4GHz (MB470LL/A) Intel Core 2 Duo (Late 2008) - Unibody
- MacBook Pro 15.4-inch 2.53GHz (MB471LL/A) Intel Core 2 Duo (Late 2008) - Unibody
- MacBook Pro 15.4-inch 2.8GHz (CTO) Intel Core 2 Duo (Late 2008) - Unibody
- May also work in any laptop using 9.5mm height SATA optical drive
Compatibility Notes: This optical drive has a different connector than previous Apple MacBook drives. Metal mounting bracket and flex cables are not included. Existing parts on your original drive can be used for mounting and installation of this SuperDrive
Was this answer helpful?
Past 24 Hours: 1
Past 7 Days: 6
Past 30 Days: 30
All Time: 14,582