No Power or charging after water damage

I recently got an iPhone 5s which was advertised as not powering on or charging. After opening the phone I discovered the moisture indicators were dark red and hence assume water damage was the issue. I have taken out the logic board and cleaned it with isopropyl alcohol and a soft toothbrush but there was still no signs of life. I managed to the test the screen on a fully functional 5s and it worked flawlessly. I also put the logic board into the the working 5s but it still did not power on or charge. I don't want to give up on it yet but I would appreciate it if anyway could give me some tips for repairing the phone/logic board.

Cheers,

Mac RAM Kits
Speed up your Mac. Max out its memory.
Mac RAM Kits
Get more memory out of your Mac.

You took the right approach but you need to remove the EMI shields to do a proper cleaning.

• Open your phone and remove the logic board (follow this guide)
  • Inspect the logic board, especially around the connectors and look for corrosion.
  • Inspect both sides of the board. Unfortunately, 80% of the board is covered in shields. That's usually where the damage is occurring.
  • Put your board in a container with >90% isopropyl alcohol and let it sit for a while.
  • Use a soft brush, like a toothbrush and lightly brush away any corrosion you see.
  • Rinse in alcohol and repeat.
  • Let it air dry for a day.
  • Re-assemble and hope for the best.

You should also replace the battery if it has swollen. Resist the temptation to pop it to let the gas out. A compromised Li-ion battery is a fire hazard. If the device appears to power up but behaves erratically, then use a tool like 3uTools to flash the firmware as it may be corrupted.

If this doesn't work, then you have a logic board issue and this kind of troubleshooting requires the schematics, specialized tools and experience. A professional repair shop that does water damage repair may be able to recover your phone or the data because they have access to pro-level ultrasonic baths and specialized cleaners as well as the skills to troubleshoot your board. Many shops have a no fix/no fee policy so you don't have to spend money to find out if the phone is fixable or not.

Owen Parry will be eternally grateful.